Thursday, January 17, 2013

Happy Hour at the VMFA’s Best Café




Richmonder’s have quickly caught onto the most unique (amazeballs in my opinion) happy hour in the city.  Every Friday, The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts offers half off wine downstairs in their Best Café from 5:00-8:30 p.m. and free half-hour tours of the museum at 7:00 and 7:30 p.m.  They call it Friday Art & Wine, but my group usually misses the art part :)  Although last week we did go impulsively check out the Chihuly exhibit at 8:00 because some people hadn’t seen it yet.  It was my second time, but hey, I was sober the first time so I was just getting a new perspective ;) 

It also seems that at least once a month (usually the first Friday of each month) there is a free wine tasting in the middle of the café (on top of the discounted wine – DANGER DANGER).  If you’re a member of the museum, you receive a 15% discount on food purchases.  And in the summer, it’s even better to check out the VMFA happy hour because it’s warm enough for them to open their deck.  Then you can over look their cool artsy pond, the beautiful sculpture garden, and the rest of picturesque lawn.

Here’s a little photo recap of my experiences at the VMFA Friday happy hours.





(My friends are alcoholics...not me though of course)



(They have much better food than this, but this is my favorite snack so BACK OFF)

No comments:

Post a Comment