Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Wong Gonzalez: Oh my Mexico/Malaysia!

First things first:  there's another new restaurant in Richmond!  Food is always most important!

I'll have to post more detail about everything later, but I just wanted to get the basic facts up here.  A new Mexican/Asian (specifically Malaysian) fusion restaurant has opened down in the heart of Richmond at 412 E. Grace St.

Wong Gonzalez is possibly my new happy place.  Every single thing we ate was amazingly delicous.  So many flavors!  And the happy hour didn't hurt- the night we went, five Tiger beers for $10 (had never had it before, but I certainly didn't mind it).  But more info about their meshing of cultures and flavors can be found on their website, WongGonzalez.com

We started with the Fiesta Bites (maybe not what you think). tempura battered chicken breast wok fried with cilantro, jalapeno, onion, and red pepper for $7.

Then as my entree I got the spicy chorizo fried rice with bell peppers, jalapenos, onions, edamame, bean sprouts, cherry tomatoes, avocado pico, cilantro, and egg.  Aaaaaall for $9.
I also did something I never do when trying to get pics of a new place - I tried to covert.  Stealth, if you will.  And the result, is this one and only "picture" of the inside of Wong Gonzalez:
Oh, but I got this great pic of the bathroom wall:
No joke.
....does that make up for it? haha

Wong Gonzalez is closed Mondays, but open for business the rest of the week at 4:00 p.m.  They close at midnight Tuesday-Thursday, 2:00 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays, and 10 p.m. Sundays.

Reservations, menus, and general info can all be found at the same link here! Or by calling 804.788.9000.

No comments:

Post a Comment