Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My RVA Fashion Week 2014: Part 3 Winter Gala

Thursday Jan. 23rd, 2014
(Photo courtesy of Michael Hostetler Photography)

This year, the RVA Fashion Week Winter Gala took place at the new F.W. Sullivan’s location, down at 1101 Haxall Point off of 10th St. on the Canal Walk.  Most of the models were chosen from either the first or second model calls, so since I went to the third I was safe (lol) and got to sit this one out and enjoy the show.

Attendees could buy a table, or I think some could buy a seat (er, stool), but general admission was $10 and got you a standing space.  Luckily, my group and I were able to find a seat at the bar and a non-reserved stool across from it (which happened to be at the end of a row of reserved seats so the rest of our group could at least stand).

The stores participating this year included a lot of my favorite stores (many of which happen to be in Carytown).  The list included Fabrik, Alternatives (which I modeled for during Carytown Fashion Feeds the Byrd, so of course I luv them lol), and Traveling Chic Boutique.  I saw a few pieces, maybe one or two outfits, that I was ready to buy on the spot.  That alone makes me want to call the event a success lol.


After the show, a few vendors (including Salon Vivace who did all the hair and make up for the models) were set up in the hallway outside of Sullivan’s.  The rest of the evening was filled with checking out said vendors, drinking, and shmoozing with friends.  It was a relaxing, enjoyable night with friends that also happened to be filled with a lot of awesome clothes and beautiful models :) 
 (Yeah, I need a better camera phone. What can I say?)

(Want this dress. Very badly.)


 (Photo courtesy of Michael Hostetler Photography)
(Photo courtesy of Michael Hostetler Photography)
(Photo courtesy of Michael Hostetler Photography)

No comments:

Post a Comment