Friday, June 15, 2012

Another shameless movie endorsement...


I hate to re-start my blogging off by promoting another movie trailer (that has nothing to do with Richmond) but it just looks soooo good. And you guys should know by now that I’m a thriller/horror movie fanatic.
So ok, first of all:  I’m a big fan of the Paranormal Activity movies, as well as Insidious.  If you’re not into either of those, well maybe this isn’t for you.. because this comes from their producer.
The story line of this movie seems to be a mix of the story lines from Insidious and Paranormal Activity (probably as well as some other movies you’ve seen about authors trying to write novels and stumbling upon trouble), but it still looks really well done and fresh.  Sometimes using one unique ingredient from several different recipes creates a whole new delightful dish J
I appreciate creepy images without blood and guts, and there definitely seem to be an abundance of new creepy images in this one (see:  kid coming out of box folded up backwards… and alive).  Insidious was some of the creepiest imagery I had seen in a long time, and this movie seems to be picking up where it left off. 
Plus I always thought Ethan Hawke was a pretty decent actor, and he’s definitely really good at acting jittery, confused, and anxious haha.  Plus I adore Vincent D'Onofrio, the actor they have explaining the demon to Ethan Hawke (I only knew him as Abbie Hoffman from Steal This Movie and detective Robert Goren from Law and Order:  Criminal Intent…glad he’s still getting work).
I’M SO EXCITED FOR THIS!  Check out the first trailer below.
Sinister Movie 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment