Friday, August 9, 2013

Random Article Post

Dear fellow coffee addicts and drinking buddies,

2 birds with 1 stone.

Sincerely,
Meagan & SCIENCE


So I don't usually repost articles on my blog, but 1) this is worth sharing, and 2) sharing it on my blog allows me to go back and find this article easily later when I'm able to try this haha (pssshhhh, forget bookmarks).

Scientists have found a way to make an alcoholic beverage from used coffee grounds. Yes, it tastes like bitter coffee (but apparently that can be lessened by aging it).  Yes, there's a whole process involved (ever tried an at-home beer making kit?).  Yes the caffeine mostly disappears in the brewing process.  But with 40% ethanol (i.e. same lines as vodka and tequila) I'm giving it a shot damn it! :D

I'll let you guys know how it turns out.  In the meantime, check out the article:

http://news.sciencemag.org/technology/2013/08/scienceshot-shot-coffee-gets-you-drunk

No comments:

Post a Comment