Friday, February 1, 2013

Parties and Fashion Shows at Wxyz Lounge




So moving from The Fan in the heart of the city back to the West End in the suburbs comes with a little culture shock.  While I think it’s good for my health and wallet to not be living within 20 steps of a bar anymore, I find myself more often than not venturing back down to the city instead of going out to places near my house (which is still not good for my wallet, but the idea of driving drunk keeps the health aspect in check).  When you’re used to going out to Fan bars, the idea of drinking at a TGIFriday’s or other chain restaurant just doesn’t sound appealing.  And clubs?  In the West End? Fuhget aboud it.

So thank goodness the Aloft Hotel in Short Pump (oh Short Pump, your name has become bigger and more recognizable than the county you’re actually located in) started throwing parties in the Wxyz Lounge, located on the 2nd floor.  It’s the closest thing to a club we’re going to get.  If nothing else, it’s a cool venue.

Now I was more amped to post this blog before when my friend Danielle was in charge of organizing the parties there.  But I was recently made aware that she will no longer be hosting parties there because the people in charge of the lounge are apparently not holding up their end of the business deals and still owe her a significant amount of money.  I can’t really say much more about that because I haven’t researched it.  But I haven’t been back to a party since.  Going to play by ear and get more details on the situation before I entertain the idea.  But hey, my job on this blog is to talk about all fun possibilities, so I’m putting it out there.  And I especially feel for my fellow West Enders.  If you’re looking to party but don’t want to hike all the way down to the city, see if Wxyz is throwing a party and check it out.  The hotel is located at 3939 Duckling Drive in the West Broad Village Shopping Center, and you can learn more at the Wxyz Lounge Facebook page.
 
Here are some photo highlights of the first party I went to at the Wxyz Lounge:





 And then even more fun at the last party, which was also a fashion show for charity:





No comments:

Post a Comment